Cross-platform development: 6 reasons why it’s the best choice for your new app
Whether if you’re strengthening your brand or your selling channels, or if you need to automate and better integrate different tools for employees and data storage and usage, building a digital solution for your business is a critical choice and you have to be aware of all the advantages you can have.
We wrote several articles on many aspects you have to take into account.
But, when do you have to consider the cross-platform solution?
Let’s start with the definition of cross-platform coding.
A cross-platform code is an executable code that runs on different platforms without significant changes.
Clearly, you should do this when you studied that your users use different devices and platform in a very heterogeneous way. In this case, invest in more than one platform solution is critical for your business.
Another case could be for those companies that are building some EAS for automating inner processes and they need something on mobile as well since they do some process outside the office building.
- Time: the first reason is timing. Building a cross-platform solution will be faster than choosing different tools for mobile and desktop since the code will be written once and used for many cases.
- Cost: Timing and costs are related, so once you halve the time, you will be saving money.
- Maintenance: All the debug process, the testing and also the maintenance will be done once and it will work for all the platforms.
- Update and new features: After the launch, you and your development team will be thinking about new features and updates. Well, in this case in one time you will be updating more than one project.
- Integration: If you have a company software that has multiple usage and goals to achieve, cross-platform development does for you. For example, you have to make it work for your fleet out of the door and let it communicate with your logistic dept. inside the office. Using this solution, your development team won’t struggle to make different parts integrating.
- User experience without interruption: if you give to your users more than one choice to use your product, building the solutions with one architecture will allow you to give them a comfortable experience without breaks and they won’t perceive they’re acting in different environments.
Based on your preferences, skills and needs you can opt for one solution that better suit your goals.
By the way, we think that cross-platform development will be always a good answer to different questions.